Thursday, September 22, 2011

Chicken and mushrooms in crème fraîche sauce

It´s been a while since I´ve posted something (again), but this time I have a good excuse! I moved to Belfast to study here for half a year. It´s awesome so far! However, cooking is hell. I find myself going to the supermarket every single day . When I finally think I have everything I remember something else I need, or I run out of milk and have to go again anyway! I´ve never had to think this much before buying anything. I´ve never really had a budget I seriously had to keep. Also, I´ve never really shopped & cooked for one person only. This recipe is something I came up with today, but you have to want as well. For instance, the mushrooms I’ve had in the fridge for a few days now. I use them in every single meal! You only need a spoon or two crème fraîche which leaves you with the whole rest of the package. You can buy lots of chicken fillet and just freeze the rest, no problem. But things like chives have an expiry date as well at some point!
If anyone has any brilliant ideas on how to cook for just one person, let me know.

Photobucket

Ingredients:
1 spoon oil
1 chicken fillet
2 mushrooms
1-2 spoons crème fraîche
a bit of chives


1. Fry the chicken in the oil until its thoroughly ready or white.
2. Add the mushrooms and wait until these are cooked as well.
3. Take the pan off the heat and add the crème fraîche straight away and stir it in.
4. Cut fresh chives over your warm dish to decorate.
5. Add salt & pepper during any time for taste (I should’ve!).

And there you have it! I think this looks like a really luxurious Christmas dish because of the cream. It’s really quick as well (although it might depend on how much you’re making). I made this and two other dishes in about 30 minutes time. Also, if you know how to not burn your food, you can’t go wrong. It’s really not complicated to make. Do remember not to add the crème fraîche any time sooner. I’ve made pasta with crème fraîche before and if you cook it for too long it just disappears.

Photobucket

Anyway, Enjoy! (with capital E, yes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment