Monday, July 25, 2011

Lemon jam

This is something I’ve been wanting and promising to post for ages now, but just haven’t done at all. While organising my massive folder of pictures I realised I still had pictures of the lemon jam I made in a ‘Not Posted’ file. After I looked into it I found that I indeed hadn’t posted anything about lemon jam yet. I did mention it in my post about Lemon & cream filled cake, because I used it there. Shame on me! So finally here I go! One of the most delicious jams in the world that is especially nice to use on desserts, buns and cakes, but even brightens up your daily bread at lunch. I managed to put some in real cute little jars and put ribbons around them. Like this, it’s actually perfect to give away for mothers’ day or some other event.

Photobucket

Ingredients:
3 lemons
200 grams granulated sugar
115 grams butter
2 large eggs
2 large egg yolks


1. Wash the lemons and grate the peel. Squeeze out the lemon juice and add the peel and juice into a pan.
2. Dubbleboil the peel and juice with the sugar and butter. Stir until the butter has melted and the sugar is dissolved.
3. Put the eggs and egg yolks in a small bowl and mix them together. Add them to the lemon-mixture and beat everything until you have an even mixture.
4. Keep stirring until the mixture turns thicker. Then turn off the fire, poor the jam into jars and seal them.

Photobucket

The jam is nice and sweet, very fresh and has a bit of a lemon taste too it. It doesn’t taste that much like lemon that you start making odd faces after tasting it. I figured it was also really nice to serve over apple slices. The jam is supposed to last about 3 months and I'd definitely keep it in the fridge. I'd also definitely make it again. Perhaps for the dessert table I'm planning to make.

No comments:

Post a Comment