Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Lemonade, sweets & chocolate!

I think I was randomly browsing some recipes again when I found this one. I’ve never actually had real lemonade myself. I mean, I’ve had the syrup to which you add water and such, in quite a lot of different tastes as well, but never actually had the lemon lemonade you see in movies. It was totally worth a try. I sent my dad out to buy me 6 lemons, which I hoped was enough. It was exactly enough! At least enough according to the recipe. I added less water (around 2 cups!) because I thought it was completely destroying the lemon taste and didn’t want to end up with water with a hint of lemon. But because I did I ended up with something way too sweet. Although I thought it was good, I could add a little less sugar next time.

Photobucket

Ingredients:
6 lemons
1 1/2 cup sugar
6 cups water
Ice cubes


1. Put 1,5 cup of water and the sugar in a pan and put it on medium heat. Stir until the sugar has dissolved then set aside and eave to cool.
2. Squeeze out the lemon juice and leave the pulp.
3. Put the lemon juice, sugar-water and the rest of the water in a big bowl and stir. Add the ice cubes and serve!

Photobucket

Note: I found out that for 1 lemon, 3-5 spoons of sugar and 1-2 cups of water will do.

You could always add some mint too. Or limes. Perhaps oranges would work?
The day I decide to make this me and my mom also decided to go to town, where I had to show her a few cute shops. In one of them (obviously filled with sweets) we bought two kinds of soft Italian nougat (strawberry and lemon), fudge (tiramisu and lemon flavour) and lavender chocolate. The latter I bought because obviously you need to try something like that and the package was so cute.

Photobucket

Look!

Photobucket

It reminds me of tobacco packages, which somehow just makes this chocolate extra cute and special (even though I am very much against smoking). I served all of this, with the lemonade at the jacuzzi we recently got, in the garden, in the sun, and we all just relaxed and enjoyed the sweets. It was great!

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment