Sunday, July 24, 2011

Tuna salad

I’ve spent about a week in Greece and I doubt I could go anywhere without wanting to cooking or baking something for myself. Despite not having all the time in the world and eating out a lot, I managed to make something overly delicious I’ve been wanting to try for a little while now: tuna salad! Tuna is one of the only fish I really enjoy. I especially love tuna salad. I’d use to eat it every week at school whenever the lunch menu offered it and now at home I keep asking for tuna salad weeks on end and eat only that on my bread before I take a little break from it again. I’ve never actually thought of making it myself until I randomly found a recipe about it. I scrolled through more recipes and found that basically they’re all the same. So here goes my version!

Photobucket

Ingredients:
1 can tuna (preferably in oil)
3-4 spoons mayonnaise
1-2 cloves of garlic
1 spoon herbs (parsley, basil or oregano, etc.)
salt & pepper


1. Drain the water or oil from the tuna. Mash the tuna in a small bowl.
2. Add the mayonnaise and mix it thoroughly. (And now you have your basic tuna salad)
3. Crush or chop the garlic and mix it through the tuna salad.
4. Add herbs, salt & pepper to taste.

As you can see I went for the most basic tuna salad there is. I’ve seen a some recipes using unions, olives, relish, wasabi and even apples. In stead of the mayonnaise I’ve also seen a lot of recipes use salad dressing. The idea of salad dressing however absolutely doesn’t appeal to me, perhaps we keep to many special flavoured salad dressings that in my idea this would never work. Adding things like onions, different kinds of (or preferably fresh) herbs and maybe even relish or so does sound very nice. Even adding apple sounds funky at this point. When I made this though, I had a minimum of ingredients and just had to do with what I had at home. I did pretty well I think, and I'll definitely be making this again. Enjoy!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment