Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Strawberry cupcakes

Here’s a recipe I actually made a very long time ago. It’s with a lot of strawberry jam and lovely sweet! I picked out all of the red cupcake wrappers to fit with them and added icing (basic, from a shop) and confetti to give them a festive look. I added some presents I got in the background: a little chest and a steampunk helmet. The helmet looked quite ridiculous on me, but the goggles are definitely mine! I’ll be using them as soon as I find a good way of completing my steampunk outfit.

Photobucket

Ingredients:
4 tablespoons strawberry jam
8 tablespoons butter
115 grams white caster sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
115 grams self-rising flour


1. Mix the sugar and the butter together with a mixer until light and fluffy.
2. Beat the eggs lightly and add them to the butter in a few additions, mix thoroughly in between.
3. Add the vanilla extract to the mixture and mix again.
4. Sift the flour over the batter and fold or mix it in.
5. Fill a cupcake tray with baking cups. Put around two teaspoons jam at the bottom of every baking up then add batter to fill the baking up to 3/4th. Alternatively, fill the baking cup halfway with batter, then add the strawberry jam and finish with a bit more batter on top.
6. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Leave the cupcakes in the oven for about 20 minutes until they are golden brown and a skewer comes out clean.

The recipe I took this one requires you use stone teacups and bake them in cute little cupcakes. It’s very cute to see and I can imagine it’d be quite a surprise when you eat the cupcake to find a bit of jam at the bottom. I don’t think I have any cups or mugs that could go in the oven. At least I was afraid to try.
If you don't like a blob of jam in your cupcake, I'm sure a bit of jam on top and then making a swirl into the cupcake would be really nice. And you can always substitute vanilla extract for a strawberry one. It would make the cupcakes nice and pink too!
Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment