Friday, August 12, 2011

Quiche

I didn’t actually have a recipe for this, but I decided to cook and I thought a quiche would be nice and easy. The way I thought I could make one, was very easy. The quiche I made was a vegetarian one, or one with just vegetables, because I didn’t like the idea of putting any meat in at that moment. I’m not sure if I’m the only one on this, but sometimes I just don’t want to eat meat! So here's a recipe for a quiche, that is completely non-official and might not be anything like how people make quiches, but it's my own recipe!

Photobucket

Ingredients:
7 sheets of puff pastry (or enough to cover a cake tin)
1 cheese sauce
Vegetables like mushrooms, leek, (spring) unions, spinach, bell peppers, tomatoes,
1/2 cup or 75 gram cheese
Salt & pepper


1. Line a cake tin with puff pastry.
2. Cook the vegetables with a bit of oil in a large pan. When cooked, drain the oil and any liquids out.
3. Fill the cake tin with puff pastry with the vegetables. Cover the vegetables in a layer of cheese. Add salt and pepper if preferred.
4. Poor the cheese sauce over the vegetables and cover the cheese sauce with another layer of cheese. Decorate with parsley and basil.
5. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius or 360 degrees Fahrenheit and leave in the oven until the top cheese layer turns golden brown and the puff pastry ‘puffs’. This should take about 20-30 minutes.

Photobucket

Note on the cheese: just like with the sauce a matured cheese is preferred above younger cheeses. If you use a younger cheese you will barely taste any cheese at all, so stronger cheeses like parmesan or cheddar are preferred.
Note on the sauce: make sure it is thick enough! My sauce ended up a slight bit runny so when I cut the quiche it started dripping rather than staying exactly in place. If you are using the recipe for cheese sauce I posted then make sure to use more flour and cheese and add less milk!
Other notes: If you’d like to add some meat to it I’d suggest ham, bacon or minced meat. You can cook these as well beforehand and then add them chopped and mixed through the vegetables or as a separate layer.
All in all, I didn't do so bad right? Except from needing loads and loads more cheese, it was awesome! I'm proud of me! Enjoy!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment