Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Blackberry bubble juice

Here’s a drink I just invented a few hours ago and I’m already going to put on my favourites list. I really dislike drinking anything with bubbles, but this one I like. It’s sweet exactly the way I like it, it tastes like berries with a hint of lemon and it’s totally mine!

Photobucket

Ingredients:
2 handful of blackberries (about 70 grams)
150 ml water
70-100 grams sugar
1/2 litre soda or sprite


1. Put the blackberries and the water in a pan and bring to boil. Squash the blackberries with a fork.
2. Add the sugar and stir until dissolved. Leave the mixture to broil for 5 minutes.
3. Leave the juice to cool. Don't worry about the juice being too sweet at this point.
4. Add the soda or sprite and done!

And there you go, a refreshing sweet drink for whenever you want (that being preferably the beginning of autumn when the berries grow)! It doesn't take up a lot of berries either, as we normally don’t get more than a hand or two off the bushes in our garden.
I reckon I can do this with any kind of berries, or even with jam heated up in some water and then with added soda. Imagine the possibilities! This is definitely a simple basic recipe that everyone should know about and perhaps everyone could think of themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment