Thursday, March 17, 2011

Chocolate fondue feast!

I suggested to make dinner some time last week, but wasn’t into make some meat, vegetables and done! So I decided to make a chocolate fondue! Perhaps not the most responsible, healthy dinner, but for one night it was really worth it. My mom initially didn’t want to join and made some soup for herself, but when me and my sisters were gathered around the table eating and chatting, she couldn’t resist. What woman couldn’t resist chocolate anyway?

Photobucket

How did I make the chocolate? Before pooring it into the chocolate fountain I melted it in a pan with about 150-200 ml cream. The cream was just to make the chocolate more fluid and easier to poor and it wouldn’t damage my pretty fountain, but just keep flowing. This way, I suppose I made ganache rather than chocolate.

I went to the supermarket that same day looking for nice things to add to the chocolate. Here’s what I came up with:
- Profiteroles
- Spiced, almond cookies
- Banana
- Oranges
- Apple
- Pineapple (canned)
- Peach (canned)

I decided I shouldn’t bring too much, because I doubted we’d eat it all. I tried sticking with a lot of fruits as well, to make this a somewhat healthy dinner. I would’ve liked to add minimuffins and sprinkles to go over those, but of course I couldn’t find those when I needed ‘m!

Photobucket

The spiced cookies were the greatest succes - I’m glad I bought those. I hadn’t actually ever tried those, as they are a more expensive brand and they were gone in no time! People even started eating them without chocolate. One of my sisters was completely obsessed with banana and chocolate, while I ate practically all the peaches myself. I think in the end the only leftovers we had were a few pieces of apple and pineapple. The rest was all gone! I didn’t do a bad job then did I?

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment