Thursday, November 25, 2010

Get the party pimpin’!

Don’t ever make me say that again! So far my original title, on a slightly original topic. It’s still about food, but this time I’m not giving any recipes. I can’t say I used any for these. I’m not quite sure how many people would murder me for just using cake mixes from time to time. It’s a lot easier to just add water, eggs or oil to a bit of flower, mix and pop it in the oven. Especially when you’ve got no time to waste, and you’d rather spend it on decorating. Plus some cake mixes really aren’t that bad!

Let’s look into some pictures of the last birthday I did: my sister’s 15th! She wanted it 3D, with roses and it had to be pink, other colours were acceptable too, but preferably lots of pink. I cheated on this one, buying the fondant, as well as premade roses. Made the cakes inside with a cakemix, but DID make the buttercream myself! Plus the crafting, which was most of the work! I used red velvet and rainbow chip cake mixes for the inside. Id made an odd combination to look at, but it was delicious anyway!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Next up were a lot of cupcakes for the family. I used the special cakestand I bought especially for my sisters birthday cake again and I let my sister sprinkle the cupcakes with rainbow sprinkles. Appearantly my mom got comments that the cupcakes weren’t real when she offered them to the family. They later translated that to “they are so pretty!” to me, so I’ll take that as a compliment!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Finally I also made a Sacher Torte, because after I made delicious meringue frosting and used a cakemix, I thought it was time to make one of my own. The pie was delicious, the frosting failed this time, it was like buttercream but it failed even to be that! I will post the recipe for the Sacher Torte up some time I have time and I can be bothered!

Photobucket

What else can you make with cake mixes?
Pandan chiffon cake! Look at it! A funky colour green, a lovely texture (I did it right this time) and it tasted awesome as well! I don’t think this cakes lasted a day.. Ah, my first attempt to a NABcake in honor to the ever-busy Coz!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Wauw, that was it for pictures I have of things baked with cake mixes! I should work through more pictures though. How about the bento boxes I’ve made? Baked apples? Delicious looking buns I’ve forgotten the recipes of? Or all the things I don’t want to know the recipes of, such fails!? Maybe this calls for a: Next Up! “Ups and down’s in my kitchen”. Perhaps I’ll think of a more catchy title by then..

No comments:

Post a Comment