Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Cheesy bread

While I’m busy blogging anyway, my wow is downloading and photobucket is down and I really can't be asked to do any of my homework, I might as well keep posting! So I’ll say something about bread. I can’t really live without bread and eat it every day. Of course I prefer (sweet) buns over loafs and I’d still much rather have dark grainy bread than anything close to plain white. After my exams I really felt like baking (and appearantly I’m the only one that wakes up thinking she wants to make buns) and I decided I’d make cheesy buns. The idea was making bread dough with cheese mixed in (perhaps some salami/proscuitto as well), then making pesto or some herby butter, cut off bunsized dough bits, roll them out, spread the pesto over and roll them up again, put them in my lovely tiny loaftin and coat them with a bit of milk and then loads of cheese. The idea was perfect! But when you’re slightly falling ill, everything is going completely wrong and you’re having a BAD DAY, then of course, this idea would just be ruined as well. I put my breadmachine on the perfect settings, absent minded as I was and by the time I went to check, I had baked myself a nice bread. That is, I was just in time to dump some grated cheese on, but either way my idea of buns with a pesto swirl was completely gone. So I’m not posting a recipe on this lovely idea, but just on simple bread with a hint of cheese coated with quite a lot of cheese.

Photobucket

Ingredients:
slightly less than 1 cup water (210 ml)
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 cups white flour (350 gram)
3/4 cup (cheddar) cheese (75 gram) plus more for coating
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon dried yeast
milk, for brushing


1. Poor the water and oil into the bread machine pan and sift the flour over. Add the cheese on top and put the salt and sugar into a different corner of the pan each. Then make a well in the middle and add the yeast.
2. Put the machine on a normal white bread cycle and leave it! (Or put it on a dough cycle if you want to make minibuns with a pestoswirl.) When the doughcycle and rising is done and the machine starts to bake the bread, brush some milk over the top and add as much more cheese as you want on top. Leave it again until it’s done and then well.. done!

Ah, you just gotta love breadmachines for being so easy though. Even though they can ruin your bun-plans the little backstabbers! Hope you enjoy this recipe as well!

Photobucket

Photobucket
Don't you just love messy pics taken quickly at night with horrible lighting and what not?

No comments:

Post a Comment