Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Banana Cake

It’s been raining banana’s here. Okay not really, but everyone seems to buy them and no one’s actually eating them. This is one of the first things I thought of to get rid of them. I’m no fan of plain banana’s, but I’d never say no to banana cake. I browsed the internet until I found something that would work for me. I found a Banana Cake that required melted butter. Having found a recipe that sounded good enough to me, I set straight to work.

Photobucket

Ingredients:
200 grams unsalted butter
175 grams caster sugar
100 + 150 grams plain flour
4 eggs
1 lemon
200g banana (about 2 bananas)
3 tablespoons baking powder
Powdered sugar and lemon juice for glazing


1. Start with mashing the banana and zesting the orange.
2. Melt the butter and mix it with the sugar until smooth. Add 100 grams flour and mix again.
3. Beat the eggs lightly and add them to the mixture in 4-5 additions, beating well in between.
4. Lastly mix in the lemon zest, 2 tablespoons lemon juice and the mashed banana.
5. Sift 150 grams flour with the baking powder over the batter and use your mixer one last time.
6. Line or grease a cake tin and pour the mixture into the tin. Preheat the oven to 160 degrees Celsius or 320 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. Leave the cake in the oven for about 35-45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
8. For the glazing, add lemon juice with enough powdered sugar to make a thick, but still liquid consistency. Spread over the top of the cake with a brush.

The cake came out so beautifully moist! I was quite surprised this came out so wonderful. I can’t even begin to describe how horrible the oven is I’m using so anything that comes out the way I want it is a miracle.
I’m going to have to admit again that I could’ve spend more time on taking pictures. Or on the glazing I put on it at that. I just couldn’t help but want to eat it. I wish I could tell you how it smelled or made it look better to make you drool all over the place. But you’re going to have to do with this. And take my word for it. You want this.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment