Friday, June 17, 2011

Carrot cake

Photobucket

I thought of a few things to write down here, but I figured there is not much to say. This is a recipe on carrot cake, probably the most divine cake we have on this earth. Enough said!

Ingredients:
100 grams (unsalted) butter
150 grams (grated) carrots
100 grams raisins/sultanas
100 grams dried dates
50 grams grated coconut
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
330 grams maple syrup
150 ml apple juice
grated zest and juice of 2 oranges
225 grams self-raising flour
2 teaspoons bicarbonate of soda
100 grams walnuts


1. If you haven’t bought grated carrots, start grating them! Grate the two oranges while you’re at it and get the juice out with a juicer (or squeeze). Don’t forget to chop the dates and walnuts as well.
2. Put the butter, carrots, dates, raisins, coconut, cinnamon, nutmeg, maple syrup and apple juice in a pan. Bring the mixture to boil and leave to cook for a few minutes. Then leave to cool.
3. Sift the flour and soda together in a bowl and add the chopped walnuts.
4. When the carrot-mixture has cooled down, mix it in with the flour and put the batter into a battered cake tin.
5. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees Celsius or 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake the cake for about 30-45 minutes until a skewer comes out dry.

Photobucket

The carrot-mixture in step two is seriously nice! I thought it smelled like Christmas and it totally made me want to eat it just like that. I’m glad I waited though, because the cake was delicious when it was done as well, if not even more. Unfortunately I forgot the ingredients for the icing. But I’d use something like orange or lemon, cream cheese and icing sugar for that, I will do next time I make this!

No comments:

Post a Comment