Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Garlic & satay sauce

It’s still nice weather and during one of the parties we decided to throw in a barbecue. I think my parents had this planned, but I only learned last moment we were having one. I love the way we always take hours to prepare for these things and everyone’s in the kitchen being busy. I made the sauces this time satay sauce and garlic sauce. I never liked satay sauce much, but I can give you a recipe for something that always works. The garlic sauce is the best ever. It owns/pawns/is better than any other garlic sauce I have ever tasted. It makes everything you buy in shops taste awfully chemical to a point of which, I personally, will never even try them again. True story.

Satay sauce (or peanut sauce)

Ingredients:
Satay or peanut sauce mix
Coconut milk (enough to replace the liquid mentioned on the package)
2-4 spoons peanut butter


1. Put everything in a small pan and keep stirring it over medium to high heat till it’s ready! Might be handy to add the peanut butter last, when the rest is thoroughly mixed.

And now to the garlic sauce! I wasn’t really one to like satay sauce anyway, although I do enjoy making it. It’s relaxing to just stand and stir while everyone is getting all stressed around you – because the salads need to be made, everything in the fridge that’s usable for a barbecue needs to be taken out, don’t forget to cut the bread in slices and please get all the cats and dogs away from the food this instant!!!
It’s wonderful!

Garlic sauce

Ingredients:
(Greek) yoghurt
Mayonnaise
Garlic cloves
Parsley


1. Mix the yoghurt and mayonnaise into a big bowl until you feel it tastes just the way you like it.
2. Add the garlic and the parsley (little bit more or less to your taste) and stir it in.

This recipe really depends on how much you want and what you like best. I use a handful of parsley, with about 4-6 cloves of garlic and 8 spoons mayonnaise on 500 grams of Greek yoghurt.

Photobucket

What do you think? Don’t mind the picture so much. I can’t make any “professional” pictures right before a barbecue! But at least you have an idea of what it looks like now.
Next I should try making a whiskey sauce. It’s my favourite after the garlic sauce but due to previous fails from my mom's part (though I think those were something completely different with accidental whiskey in it) I haven’t actually looked for a good recipe yet. It’s a mission again! Perhaps I should make a list of all the missions I still have of things I want to bake – or posts I promised to put up but haven’t yet! Oh, sometimes I’m so lazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment