Sunday, August 9, 2009

Cute honey cupcakes

Photobucket

I made these cute little cupcakes with sugar figures I found in the supermarket nearby. I couldn't resist them! I think they look really cute! I have to be honest and say the topping was a pre-packed one.. I baked more that day, and was too lazy to make some real good topping. It tasted nice though!
Anyway, for the recipe: it is very easy and very delicious! The things between (...) mean that it tastes better if you use that, but feel free to just change it into something less fat or the like..

Ingredients:
60 grams (unsalted) butter
50 grams sugar
4 tablespoons honey
80 ml (full fat) milk
1 egg
115 grams selfrising flour


1. Melt the butter in a pan above the fire. When the butter is melted take it off the fire and add the sugar and honey. Stir it with a handmixer. Make sure you do this quick after, or keep the pan on the fire.
2. Let it all cool down a bit and add the milk. Stir it with a handmixer.
3. Whisk the egg a bit, just a bit will be enough! Spoon this into the mixture.
4. Sift the flour and add this to the mixture as well. You can use either a spoon or the handmixer on the lowest setting (can you notice I cant live without my handmixer?)
5. Put the mixture in little cupcakeforms. You might find it handy to put the paper cupcakeforms in a silicone or metal cupcake-tray. That way they will keep the cupcake-shape. You can also poor it into a silicone or metal cupcake-tray right away though!
6. Preheat the oven to 170 Celsius or 340 degrees Fahrenheit before putting the cupcakes inside. Leave them in the oven for about 20 minutes or till they have risen, are dry from the inside (check this with a metal foodpin or fork) and have a goldenbrown colour. They will still have a wet look.
7. When they cooled down enough put the topping on. I added foodcolouring for the blue look. You could also just put jam on them, or chocolate paste or sprinkles or anything your creative mind can think of really!!

Photobucket

I made buns at the same time as these. They were from a pre-made package (you know, just add water and put it in the oven) but they were a total disaster. They turned out like cute little bricks.

1 comment:

  1. Awww!! They look ubercool! I HAVE to try making them, just to see if they can look like yours. Of course I want to make them taste fantastic, but they won't compare with yours I bet. (_ _) I really want to try. :D:D

    ReplyDelete