Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Mocha Cupcakes - the deadly way

I haven't had any schoolwork for almost two months now and life has turned into a drag. I can't figure out what to do on a daily basis and most of the time I don't even have a clue of what day it is. So I started painting the house. I've been painting the fireplace, chairs, doors and even a radiator. Apart from that, I've been cooking for the family and baking some as well whenever I felt like it. These horribly delicious cupcakes were something I conjured up last week to kill the diets of everyone in the house.


Ingredients:
225 grams flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
25 grams cocoa
150 grams butter
300 grams caster sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon mocha essence or paste
250 ml milk

1. Sift the flour together with the baking soda and cocoa.
2. Cream the butter with the sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Beat the eggs through the butter one at a time and mix until smooth in between.
4. Add the mocha paste and mix again.
5. Beat the milk and flour through the batter alternately, in about 3 additions each.
6. Bake in a preheated oven of 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 12-15 minutes.
7. To decorate, use frosting in an icing bag to make a big swirl and top it with caramel sauce and chocolate shavings. For my cupcakes I used a store-bought vanilla cream frosting.


I apologize to everyone who lives in my house and is on a diet (which is basically everyone). Please look forward to even more sweet treats in the future, while I continue to fail at finding a job. Look on the bright side: I've been looking up how to make us more healthy treats! I'm sure I'll get to making those soon after I make some fruitcakes, Schwarzwalder Kirschtorte and something that involves the jar of caramel sauce I have left.

Thank you for having me and my deadly cupcakes!

No comments:

Post a Comment