Thursday, November 5, 2009

Mini meringue cupcakes

Photobucket

I changed my blog title/picture some time ago, and never actually bothered to post the recipe for cute little cupcakes on it! It was one of my experimental recipes. Every single colour is a different taste and with every taste I also experimented in adding something. In the end, every colour and every colour baking cup is a different taste! I added cranberries, sprinkles, banana flavour, vanilla flavour, nougatine and coconut and what ever I could find to all the different meringues! The idea for the meringues came from the coconut delight I made. Later on I decided I could also make lollipops of them and so I put them on sticks. Then I thought dipping these in chocolate would be way more fun and so I did! Also decorating some of the meringue cupcakes with chocolate. It was really fun to experiment with all of this!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ingredients:
3 eggwhites
210 gram confectioners/powdered sugar
Experimental needs (food colourings, flavouring, sprinkles, coconut, cranberries etc.)
Chocolate


1. Mix the eggwhites very stiff with an electric mixer. Add the confecionars sugar spoon by spoon and mix well after each addition. Both of these take a while! Make sure to not add the confectioners sugar all in one go! The egg whites will collapse under the weight and the recipe just won't work anymore.
2. Add everything you want to the egg&sugar-mixture now! From colourings to flavours to sprinkles, be creative!

Photobucket

Photobucket

3. Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius or 300 degrees Fahrenheit. In the meanwhile line mini baking cups on an oventray and use a spoon to fill them with the creative mixture. For lollipops line the oven tray with a baking sheet and use a spoon to make little circles.
4. Bake the meringues for 15-20 minutes and done!! Double-boil the chocolate if you want some decoration or for the lollipops. Put the meringues for the lollipops on sticks and and dip them in the melted chocolate. Tap a few times to the side of the pan to get the unneeded chocolate off and leave them somewhere to dry. I stuck the sticks into an egg-box for this! Put sprinkles on them before they're dry and in no time: done! You have your own lollipop-meringue and cupcake-meringue set!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ah, some pictures for inspiration :) I like making pictures! Even though they're not the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment