Friday, October 9, 2009

Simple vanilla fudge

This must've been one of the easiest recipes I've ever made. There wasn't much about it really. So it was quickly done as well! These little fudgies are quite rich though! Practically it's just chocolate and cream, so you can imagine why.
I found that eating one filled me like a whole dinner would. I was quite astonished when I saw my sister easily eat three after eachother.
I made these fudge as simple as you can get: just fudge. I'm thinking of adding some nuts of fruits into it next time. Or perhaps some flavour, and if I do it with white chocolate I can even add some wicked colour! That reminds me - it might be a good idea for the upcoming halloween! What do you think: "Green fudge with cranberries"? Sounds like a halloween thing!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ingredients:
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1 3/4 cup sugar
a pinch of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 cups milk chocolate


1. Grease a brownie tin (or other), or line it with plastic wrap. I found the last one easier.
2. Add the milkd sugar and salt together in a pan and bring it to boil. Keep stirring! When it boils, lower the heat and let it simmer for a few minutes (5 or so) while stirring constantly.
3. Take the pan off the heat and add the chocolate. Stir until all the chocolate has melted in.
4. Add the vanilla essence and stir again.
5. Poor the mixture in the brownie tin and put it in the fridge. Leave it there until the chocolate has hardened and take it out. Cut the fudge into little pieces and we're done!

I found a brownie tin to be easiest for this work. Since it is a low tin and quite big so everything would fit in!
If you want to add hazelnuts or anything else to it, add them right before the chocolate. Use about a 1/2 cup for this. In stead of vanilla essence you can also add hazelnut liqeuer if you are using hazelnuts. Or any other liqeuer or essence you find to fit with your recipe.
Such easy recipes make it very easy to vary with them too! You simply cant go wrong with this!
Make sure you keep the brownies in a closed container though. They tend to dry out a bit fast if you leave them in the open for too long.
This must've been one of the worst things to photograph! Somehow I couldn't get them to look nice at all. Maybe it was just a bad timing or bad weather again. But personally I blame my own skills xP

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment