Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Coconut Delight

Photobucket

You know when you really like to eat or snack something and you suddenly find the recipe and you just HAVE TO make it? That's what I had with these. I found a recipe of fudge too, all in a recipe book that my grandmother gave me. I haven't been able to make fudge yet. I'm simply too lazy to buy the ingredients, and I actually forgot to buy them when I was doing the groceries as wel!
But make to the delicious coconut delights! Yes, I made that name up myself. In dutch they are called 'kokos makronen', but I simply couldn't find a translation anywhere. They're kind of small like pralines, but these have a fresh coconut taste and they're sweet at the same time! It exited me that I could actually make something like this too! It turned out to be a real succes for me ^^
The recipe was very simple and you simple cant go wrong on this one! But if you only have a handmixer, you're going to get a very sore arm of this! I know I did with my electric mixer!
I can't wait to try more little pralines or bonbons and maybe make my own little high tea tower with all these little delights! But that will take some more time, for now, just the coconut recipe it is!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ingredients:
3 eggwhites
210 gram confectioners/powdered sugar
zest and 1 tablespoon juice from 1 lemon
250 gram desiccated coconut
100 gram chocolate


1. With an electric mixer mix the eggwhites until very stiff (or just until they don't get any stiffer).
2. Add the confectioners sugar spoon by spoon and mix well after each addition. Do NOT add all the confectioners sugar in one go, cuz this will cause the stiffy egg to collapse under the weight and the result won't be very pleasing anymore.
3. Add the lemon juice and mix again. Then add the lemon zest and mix AGAIN.
4. Now add the coconut, bit by bit, and mix well every time. You can do more than a spoon at a time this time though!
5. Preheat the oven at 150 degrees Celsius or 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an oventray with a baking sheet or silicone sheets and form little balls of the mixture and put them on the tray. Using two spoons is the handiest; the mixture really sticks to your fingers. (Then again, it gives you a good reason to lick it off! ^^)
6. Leave the coconut delight in the oven for about 15-20 minutes or until the top becomes a bit golden brown.
7. Melt the chocolate au bain marie (double boil). Take it off the fire and use a pastry bag, fork or anything you can think of to trace thin lines across the coconut delights. Leave to cool and done!

Photobucket

They're ready for eating now! It does really well with christmas or as a little sweet at a party! People will love them! :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. awww...omg I want..I sooo want thse..they like..fit in the mouth and they look so delicious!! Gawd I'm glad you're such a yummy cook! ^_____^

    ReplyDelete