Saturday, March 31, 2012

Sweet omelet

This recipe I found in a Slovenian cookbook my mom got from a friend of mine when he visited. It’s called “Pohorska omleta” of which my translation is now sweet omelet. I really felt the need to bake something again, but I didn’t have the ingredients of what I actually wanted to make, namely Homemade Snickers. So they’ll have to wait. Also I didn’t want to spend too long on anything, so I decided on this recipe. I just started the recipe, hoping I had all the ingredients. Here’s how it went:

Photobucket

Ingredients:
2 egg yolks
2 egg whites
50 grams sugar
20-30 grams flour
7-10 grams vanilla sugar
1 teaspoon lemon zest and/or juice
Any fruits, jams, liquor, powdered sugar, whipped cream or anything else you’d like to serve with the omelet


1. Whisk the egg whites until stiff.
2. Mix the sugars and add the sugar spoon by spoon into the egg whites, while whisking.
3. Add the lemon and mix again
4. Sift the flour over the egg-mixture and gently stir it in.
5. Butter a cake or brownie tin and leave for about 5 minutes in a preheated oven of 200 degrees Celsius or 390 degrees Fahrenheit.
6. Serve with anything you like and enjoy straight away!

Photobucket

After it was done, I put it on a plate with some cherry filling and powdered it with some sugar to make it look pretty. My mom, who’s on a diet, came by and tried a piece and decided it was very delicious after which she ate almost half of my omelet. I managed to shoo her away before it was all gone, but I didn’t have to. It is so filling! Mind you, this omelet takes up a whole brownie tin, but still! I had to leave the last bit “for later”. However when it was later my omelet had mysteriously disappeared!!

I hope you enjoy the quick recipe I’ve made!Leave a comment if you try the recipe and any variations you've made!

1 comment: