Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pineapple upside-down banana cake

Since I have Thursdays and Fridays off, I’ve been feeling the need to bake during these days. Not only to get through time, but also because I NEED to have something sweet to eat and there’s nothing in the house and I could bake cake so much better than anything from the supermarket and there are so many delicious recipes I have on my bookshelf and somewhere on my laptop that I just have to try and because the world would probably end if I didn’t back and oh! So many reasons why I should just totally bake again!

Photobucket

One thing I noticed when I baked this cake is that somehow I always seem to have batter left. When I make a recipe for 12 cupcakes, I end up with 14 and when I made this cake I ended with a cake and 4 cupcakes. Perhaps it’s because the recipe is for http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gifa round cake tin and now a brownie tin, but still, how do I do this?

Ingredients:
1 can sliced pineapple
Batter of banana lemon cake


1. Drain the juice from the pineapple, or slice the pineapple when you’re using a fresh one.
2. Make the batter for the banana lemon cake
3. Grease or line a baking (brownie) tin and cover the bottom with pineapple. Spread the cake batter over it. You can use the remaining batter to make cupcakes.
4. Bake the cake in a preheated oven of 180 degrees Celsius or 350 degrees Fahrenheit.

Photobucket

And Behold! You have created a banana cake that could have dropped out of heaven! Seriously, that´s how I felt. Every time I make a cake with this texture I get totally exited and I need to go all around the house to show everyone how wonderfully my cake turned out. This cake is definitely the best banana cake I´ve made so far.

Photobucket

Also, the upside-down part turned out pretty nice too! I’ve been wanting to try an upside-down cake for a while, simply because I think it’s a brilliant idea. There’s one small downside to this though: I remembered why I really don’t like pineapple. I keep eating it again and again, somehow convinced I could like it, but I just don’t. I’m leaving that part out next time! Also, I might consider adding something else instead. My mom accidentally poured some coffee over a piece of cake which I ate later on, and it really wasn’t that bad. So perhaps a banana-coffee cake is up next.

No comments:

Post a Comment