Saturday, September 11, 2010

Baked pineapple with almonds & honey

Even the most simple dishes need a recipe sometimes. How else are you going to come up with some of these things? Baked pineapple with almonds & honey is, well, baked pineapple, with honey and almonds. There’s really nothing more to it. I found a recipe in a new cooking book I got, and it was called ‘Abricots with honey out of the oven’. These were, abricots, with honey poored over them, almonds on top (I think they should have mentioned this in the title), and then baked in the oven. It seems way to simple to devote two pages of a recipes book to. But then again, I wouldn’t have come up with it unless I saw a picture with such an imaginative title.
The recipe for the baked abricots also metion sprinkling some cinnamon or nutmeg over them. I could of course say I purposefully left this out on my pineapples, but I really just forgot. I didn’t bother looking at the book for such a recipe. The pineapples tasted quite fine and I got approval of my family. I wouldn’t know what it would taste like with cinnamon or nutmeg over it, but feel free to try!

Photobucket
Can you see the heart in the back??!

Ingredients:
Canned pineapple
Almond slices
Honey


1. Let the pineapple-juice leak from the pineapple and put the rings on a baking sheet.
2. Sprinkle the almond slices over the pineapple rings and drop the honey over that. If you have a squirting bottle like I did you can drench it over pineapple rings.
3. Preheat the oven to 150-200 degrees Celsius (300-390 Fahrenheit) and bake the pineapples for about 6-12 minutes until the almonds are golden brown. When done, put the rings on a nice plate and serve!

I told you it’s easy right? It's really nice to serve with some ice cream as well. You can really make this look pretty on a plate! I tried to make the pictures look nice again this time. Hopefully you like them!

Photobucket

A glass of pineapple juice to go with it, my dear?

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Actually,I don't like pineapple,but still I have to admit that your dessert look great^^ (and certainly taste great too).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really don't like pineapple too!! x3 *shhh!* I wish I had those peaches! Thanks a lot for the comment ^^ *huggles!!*

    ReplyDelete