Sunday, July 1, 2012

Lemon cupcakes

I quickly made these for my family birthday party. I still had some extra lemons from the Lemon Sorbet I made that same day and decide lemon cupcakes would be a brilliant idea! So I looked up all the ingredients and ended up with this recipe. I’m kind of disappointed about the fact that the recipe doesn’t call for lemon juice as I’d like to add that alongside the zest, but I didn’t have the time for researching recipe that call for juice and wasn’t sure if you can substitute milk for juice in recipes for normal cupcakes. Anyway, these weren’t all that bad in the end and they did taste like lemon!

Photobucket

Ingredients:
125 grams butter
125 grams soft sugar
2 eggs
100 grams yogurt
125 grams self-rising flour
Zest of 2 lemons


1. Beat the butter until soft. Then add the sugar and beat again until fluffy. Lastly add the lemon zest.
2. Sift the self-rising flour through the batter in 3-5 additions.
3. Beat the eggs lightly and mix them with the yogurt.
4. Add the yogurt mixture to the butter mixture and beat everything together.
5. Spoon the batter into cupcake cups and leave them in a preheated oven of 170 degrees Celsius or 340 degrees Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes.

Photobucket

These cupcakes came out completely flat on top. Which makes them perfect for decorating! Unfortunately I didn’t have the most spectacular topping, but I think this sort of simplicity made them look quite elegant still. I can’t remember what exactly I made for the topping. I know there’s lemon zest on it and I believe the topping is cream cheese with lemon juice and powdered sugar to get the right consistency and taste, but I’m not 100% sure anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment