Saturday, June 27, 2009

Chocolate slices

These were supposed to biscotti (do I spell it right?).. The hard biscuits that you can drink with coffee or so.. but I stopped halfway the recipe, and declared them done! They were really nice actually.. especially with some topping, like jam, or just vanilla topping out of a jar (yes, I know, evil xP).. Anyway, as there are the first posts for my blog, yet again some copying from what I already typed xP
I feel like I should have done more cranberries, they did give it some extra (sweeter) taste.. how that is possible when cranberries themselves arent sweet at all, I dont know, I just remember I really liked those in it. If you don't like chocolate though, you shouldnt try this. It is very rich!

Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup of butter (room temperature)
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 big eggs
- 1 big egg yolk (egg yellow xP)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (coconut extract is real good too :d)
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
- 1/2 cup cranberries (can try raisins too)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (white or milk)


Mix the sugar and the butter in a bowl untill it's light and fluffy (2-3 minutes) with a handmixer or mixingmachine (whatever you've got). Add the eggs and yolk one by one, mixing properly after you add each one of them. Beat the vanilla extract into the mixture.
In a second bowl add the flower, baking powder, salt and cacao powder and mix them. Add the other mixture in it and stir it again with a hand mixer. Add the cranberries and chocolate chips and mix again.
Heat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius or 340 degrees Fahrenheit. While it's heating up, make two long rolls of the cake-mixture and put them on a baking sheet. Put them in the middle of the oven for 25-30 minutes.

Photobucket

The cut them into thick slices and DONE! ^^ You can also add some icing on it.

Photobucket

Type: HEAVY! Dun eat too much at the same time xP It will make you FULL! xD But it's chocolate :3 and very delicious :3 you could eat it with fresh fruits.. that's nice ^^ it's like a cookie.. it's not really good as desert.. at least, I can come up with better things XD

Forgive me my photographic skills please! I'm working on it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment